Stock acquisition of TIDIKI EXPRESS
Stock acquisition of YAMATO TIDIKI EXPRESS in Singapore by Yamato Asia
Subsidiary acquisition of YAMATO TIDIKI EXPRESS to fortify the business foundation in South-east Asia
We would like to notify that YAMATO ASIA PTE. LTD (Located in Singapore, President Richard Chua Khing Seng, for the rest referred as YAMATO ASIA) as the regional head quarter in South-east Asia affiliated subsidiary under Yamato Holdings Co., Ltd. (Located at Chuo-ku Tokyo, President: Makoto Kigawa, for the rest referred as Yamato Holdings) concluded transferring 85% of the issued stocks with Yamato TIDIKI EXPRESS (PTE.) LTD. (Located in Singapore, for the rest referred as TIDIKI) today and subsidized them to fortify the business foundation in South-east Asia and improve the service for the corporate customers.
- Yamato group started the medium-term management plan ‘DAN-TOTSU 3 year plan STEP’ since April this year, looking ahead of the RCEP (Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership) for ten countries of ASEAN and six partner countries including Japan FTA (Free Trade Agreement) to fortify the business foundation in Asia. Ta-Q-Bin in Singapore have gained its popularity as a delivery service mainly for the BtoC usage such as E-commerce or grocery since its launch in 2010. Also as for BtoB such as delivery logistics, there were various needs from the clients such as emergency delivery within a few hours, delivery of oversized goods, and added value business at the time of delivery and so on. By subsidizing TIDIKI Express, we would be able to utilize the networks, Yamato Group’s Ta-Q-Bin and customized emergency delivery of TIDIKI, and it would enable us to provide better service in the BtoB field.
Summary of Yamato Tidiki Express
Tidiki Express was established on the 18th January 2007 located in Sultan Plaza. Joseph Liau and Alex Soh was the founder of Tidiki Express with only 40 plus staffs to start with and their vision for Tidiki Express was to became the best Courier Company in Singapore. The main driving business was transport and distribution. They moved on with their persistence and dedication, even if It was a tough in the beginning as they saw the great potential in this industry.
In the next few years, Tidiki Express moved a few location as business are picking up and there were slowly increase in the number of staffs. Below are the break down of where Tidiki Express had located before:
1) In 2008 – Moved to Textual Centre
2) In 2009 – Moved to Paya Ubi industrial park
3) In 2011 – Moved to 48 TOH GUAN ROAD EAST
In 2014, Tidiki Express was brought over by Yamato Asia and changed to Yamato Tidiki Express. September 2014, Yamato Tidiki Express was relocated to Boon Lay with an estimated 45,000 sqft big warehouse for storage proposes. From that onward, Yamato Tidiki Express had an enormous grow in business from being just transportation and distribution, it opened up services into Warehousing, Logistic and Domestics Delivery, Dock Warehousing, Consigned Freight Forwarding Business, and value added services for our clients. There were not only an increase in businesses and also the number of resources went up to 90 plus staffs in total strengths and still growing.
- Yamato Tidiki Express have had a number of businesses with prestigious global clients in the field of eye care, daily necessities, and electronic devices and so on so that we can provide better service by adding Yamato Asia’s advantages.
- Now that we are under Yamato Asia, Yamato Tidiki Express can provide better service by sharing cargo tracking of ours without a large investment. We can contribute to the clients benefit by utilizing the Ta-Q-Bin network when possible and optimize the delivery regional delivery fee by optimizing the delivery fee. With the support from Yamato Asia, Yamato Tidiki Express can now provide the total solution of oversea delivery, regional delivery and payment by integrating logistics system, forwarding system and payment system of Yamato Group.